10 Sep What our community want for Lea Castle
Following our CLT scoping day, here’s the feedback from residents about what they would like to see on the Lea Castle development:
Lea Castle – the community’s needs and views to be at the forefront of development and not profit.
- Affordable homes
- retirement village
- starter homes
- self build
- rentable homes
- eco housing
- family homes
- Homes to be prioritised for people with a local connection
- Preservation of trees
- green spaces expanded on
- landscape gardens open for yoga, painting classes, horticulture and more
- pedestrianised, electric car ports
- Community cafe
- allotments, orchards
- Workshops for business, training and educational classes- hands on learning.
- Fitness trail, cycle paths
- connecting the development to Cookley village, including pedestrian access.
- Well planned infrastructure (including public transport) and all development to be in keeping with the environment and wildlife preservation.